As the year closes out (there’s all of six hours left as I start writing this), I thought I’d go through some highlights from the year.
- I did a massive overhaul of the site starting in September. The site is now much easier to navigate and find information that was previously buried in long posts.
- The highest traffic month was November with just shy of 12,000 views.
- Total year views is just over 71,400.
- The most searched term that hit the site was “contrabass trombone range.”
- The most read post, by far, was my interview with Richard Bobo on his Subcontrabassoon project.
- The number 2 post was “Why I Dislike Adler’s Orchestration” (nothing like a little vitriol to get things riled up) followed by “Basset Horn vs. Alto Clarinet.”
Plans for 2016
The instrumentation sections are all but done. There are a few areas that need touching up and a few that need to be added. The big goal will now be to add a whole area on actually orchestrating for various bands and wind groups. I’m currently debating whether or not to put this on the site or have this in a published book.